Founded in 1999, Access to Justice (“A2Justice”) is a justice advocacy group working to defend rights of equal and non-discriminatory access to courts of law, expand access of vulnerable people to equal and impartial justice, attack corruption in justice administration, support legal struggles for human dignity and disseminate legal resources that help achieve these purposes.
We seek an exceptional person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Duration: For a renewable 2 year period.
Reporting to the Deputy Director/Executive Director, this person will be responsible for the following:
- Implement existing projects to monitor integrity and independence of the judiciary in Nigeria and publicize threats to these institutional values, as well as the administration of justice of Nigeria as a whole.
- Implement and monitor projects that have strong access to justice and human rights content.
- Develop proposals that cover conceptual, methodological, operational, evaluative, and financial elements for consideration by grant making institutions;
- Conduct research and fact-finding inquiries relevant for the project’s or organization’s goals and objectives.
- Identify needs for policy changes at State and Federal levels that will positively impact the administration of justice, ease access to justice obstacles, strengthen accountability for human rights violations and undertake advocacy for the reform of, or adoption of policies to achieve the desired goals.
- Develop partnerships with funding agencies to support project activities.
- Prepare project documents for approval.
- The required candidate should be a qualified attorney of at least 4 years post-call experience, with strong familiarity with the national, regional and international system for the protection of human rights, legal advocacy, excellent and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for the mission of the organization.
Compensation is within the N1,000,000 – N1,500,000 p/a range.
Application Deadline 20th June, 2018.
Job Title: Deputy Director – Programmes and Institutional Development (PID)
Duration: For a renewable 2 year period.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director (“ED”), this person will oversee operations, planning and programmes, and join in developing strategic work-plans for the work of the organization.
The core responsibilities include:
- Acting for the ED when requested, and discharging all responsibilities and functions of that office, including providing oversight and supervision for all staff;
- Developing/managing the organization’s relationships with a broad spectrum of institutional bodies as well as coordinating growth and fundraising activities;
- Implementing and coordinating specific projects, and supervising those managed by other staff, and ensuring that they are implemented within their scheduled periods as well as implementing performance management programmes for staff.
- The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinking lawyer with at least 7 years’ post-call experience, and a deep understanding of the key issues and challenges in the administration of justice, respect for human rights and the rule of law in Nigeria.
- S/he should be passionate about the organization’s mission and vision, and committed to enhancing access to justice (particularly) for poor people.
- S/he should be a creative thinker, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to undertake effective programme, fundraising and development activities without supervision.
- S/he must have the ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks and activities and satisfactorily meet deadlines as well as achieve targeted outcomes.
- Some experience of work in a non-profit sector at a relatively high level is considered an essential requisite.
Initial compensation is within the N3,000,000 – N4,000,000 p/a range.
Application Deadline 30th June, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes, Cover Letters and a minimum of two professional References to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using “Job Title” as the subject line of the email.
Note: We are an equal opportunities employer and third party interventions for applicants are neither necessary nor welcome.