British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Auditor
Job number: 946
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment type: Permanent
- We are hiring 3 new colleagues as Quality Assurance Auditors, to join our Second Manufacturing department (SMD).
- The purpose of the role holder is to ensure that Quality measurements are taken, analyzed, trended and reported so that timely accurate and relevant Quality data can be issued to customers and business management.
- Ensure compliance with British American Tobacco EMS & EHS guidelines for all QA activities;
- Functional knowledge of quality analysis tools (Pareto, Excel, Fishbone diagram, UPS, 5 whys and SPC tool;
- Able to communicate timely feedback in a constructive & simple manner;
- Good organizational and reporting skills;
- Min OND(certification) in Science Field with Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics as a major study area;
- Functional knowledge and use of QA systems (Equata, Vides, Quality reporting system, BO & Infosys).
- Participate in knowledge, process and procedure review session organized by Team Leaders / supervisors;
- Identify training needs of self to help drive effectiveness and improved quality of work;
- Conform to the laboratory working standards;
- Adhere to and ensure compliance to all protocols for FPI-X and Q2;
- Ensure proper use of all relevant test equipment;
- Ensure 100% data accuracy in all quality function records;
- Ensure timely collection of all samples in line with protocol and preparation of reports;
- Review and Authenticate accuracy of reports and data collected during the shift period by the end of shift;
- Strive to reduce non-conformance by prompt intervention, advise and collaboration with manufacturing personnel;
- Comply to EMS requirement by continuously reducing impact of our aspect and improving environmental performance;
- Provide equipment performance report/ feedback to instrumentation technician.
- Deliver all relevant Shift Quality information to stakeholders at agreed timelines;
- Ensuring products are made in line with product specifications;
- Comply to Quality Management System and other Management System in place (ISO 14001);
- Ensure report data and documentation are complete, timely and accurate at all times;
- Quality standards implementation and monitoring;
- Understand basics and fundamental of processing in primary and secondary manufacturing departments;
- Implement quality assurance standards;
- Liaise with the Quality Manager/supervisor/Team leaders regarding all issues of quality;
- Carry out investigative studies to understand and improve production process parameters;