The Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria (IPAN), a parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Health, was established by IPAN Act CAP.I 16 LFN 2004 (formerly Decree No 100 of 1992), as a professional regulatory body with mandates to train, examine, register and regulate the practice of Public Analysts and analytical laboratories in Nigeria.
The Governing Council of the Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria (IPAN) hereby announces the commencement of the process of filling the vacant position of the Registrar/Chief Executive of the Institute, in accordance with Section 6 of IPAN Act CAP. I16 LFN 2004.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified members of the Institute who meet the criteria for appointment, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar/Chief Executive
Major Objectives of IPAN
- Set standards of knowledge and skills to be attained for persons to be registered as Public Analysts in Nigeria.
- Train and examine persons seeking to be registered as Public Analysts and maintain code of ethics for their performance as professionals.
- Discipline as appropriate unprofessional conduct
- Participation in National Planning and Development
- It shall be the duty of the Registrar to prepare and maintain a register of personsregistered as members of the profession in accordance with section 6 of the Act
- The Registrar shall also cause the register of members to be printed and published as required under Section 7 of IPAN Act 2004.
- The Registrar will serve as the Secretary of the Governing Council and the Chief Executive Officer of the Institute.
- He will provide leadership and strategic vision that will propel the regulatory affairs of the Institutehigher and carry out other statutory responsibilities as required by the enabling law that established the Institute and as directed by the Council from time to time.
- Initiation and execution of programmes and projects of the Governing Council
- Day-to-day running of the Institute’s Secretariat with clear focus.
- The candidate should be a responsible, articulate, hard working person with an impeccable record of achievements.
- Evidence of participation in IPAN events/activities in the past 5 years.
- Must be a B.Sc. or HND holder; additional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to manage human and material resources with evidence of holding leadership and managerial position in reputable organisation(s).
- Must be ICT proficient.
- Should be a good team leader.
- Must be dynamic and ready to face challenges with resolve, initiatives and calmness.
- Should possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a Nigerian citizen and must not be more than 55 years of age.
- Must be a Public Analyst for not less than 10 years.
- Must possess 10 years of continuous analytical practice.
- Must be a registered and up-to-date financial member of the Institute.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of the operations of the Institute, the profession and the relationship between the Institute, Society of Testing Laboratory Analysts of Nigeria (SoTLAN) and relevant agencies of government as well as the supervising ministry.
Salary and Condition of Service
- Salary and allowances are as contained in conditions of service for Public Office holdersof similar category. The post is a term of four (4) years renewable once subject to performance.
Deadline: 12th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Candidates should apply with fifteen copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) providing information according to the format below:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Contact Address
- Present Mailing address
- Mobile Telephone Number and e-mail address
- Marital Status, Number and ages of children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications (Copies of Certificates to be attached)
- Current Post
- Administrative/Managerial experience
- Academic distinction, if any
- Membership of Professional bodies and membership identity
- Workshops, Courses and Conferences attended with dates
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and Addresses of three Referees who should attest to the candidate’s standing abilities, academic, managerial as well as moral character and integrity. Referees are to forward confidential reports to the address below within the deadline (Referees letters should be submitted with the application).
Submission of Application
All applications are to be submitted sealed under Confidential Cover indicating on the top left corner of the envelope “Application for the Post of Registrar” and be addressed to:
Governing Council of the Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria,
443, Herbert Macaulay Way,
Note: Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.