The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Caseworker
- The Caseworker will be responsible for providing individual case management as part of the case management project.
- The Caseworker will conduct all steps of the case management process for an assigned number of individual children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence (especially UASC and CAAFAG) and their families in this process.
Responsibilities and Competencies Required
- Regularly attend case management meetings at field level
- Program Development: Contribute to the development of proposal activities in relation to case management
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop program.
- Provide individual case management for children in Borno location in accordance with all case management steps and related tools and procedures
- Provide ongoing support to families, foster and alternative care systems
- Communicate regularly with CM assistant for updates on achievements and challenges
- Grant Monitoring & Reporting: Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports
- Coordination & Representation: Directly communicate effectively with other caseworkers and service providers as part of conducting individual case management
Min Required Experience:
- Technical Diploma or degree in Social Work, Human Rights, or related degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience of implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children.
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Fluency in English and/or (other languages) preferred or required.
Job Title: PSS Facilitator
- The PSS Facilitator has the knowledge and practical skills to carry out focused psychosocial support activities with children at high risk of vulnerability. Focused PSS activities will be carried out in line with individual organization and interagency guidelines.
- The intention of this position is to build the resilience of Most Vulnerable children through Psychosocial Support activities. The Facilitator implements the activities in a manner that leaves considerable positive impact on children
Planning and implementation responsibilities:
- Assess the main similar needs / issues faced by the targeted community group of children.
- Form a homogenous group based on similar issues or characteristics between all children members.
- Develop an action plan of PSS activities, topics and other type of interventions with the group based on a “Group intervention approach”.
- Implement these sessions on a periodical manner and evaluate each session with the children as well as with the PSS Officer.
- Revise sessions according to each feedback/evaluation and constantly adapt approaches and exercises.
- Promote and ensure the Children participation in all activities.
- Ensure that all activities are done in an appropriate location in line with minimum standards.
- Document all necessary feedback and provide regular monitoring report to the project coordinator on the progress of children.
- Ensure that parents receive regular feedback and advice on their children progress and interaction.
- Ensure that all children and caregivers are aware of any accountability/ complaint mechanism.
- Refer cases of children when needed.
- Ensure the use of good facilitation skills that make the children feel comfortable and enhance their participation and personal development.
- Ensure that children are not exposed to any form of harm or stress during the activity and that they feel safe and respected.
- Positively interact with children and encourage them to express their needs and ensure their safety.
- Ensure participation of children in the focused program in a non-discriminatory as well as age and gender sensitive and appropriate approach.
- Provide all material needed for each activity.
- Respect and Abide to the organizations internal code of conduct and child protection policy.
- 3- Case Management; Reporting and Referring
- Report all the cases to the project coordinator.
- Refer children attending PSS activities to case management agencies working in the area when needed.
Safety and Security responsibilities:
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security environment within PSS Centre.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to Project Coordinator
Educational Qualification and Competencies
- B.Sc, HND or ND in a Social Development related field, (Social Worker, Psychology, Sociology, Specialized Education).
- At least 2 years’ experience working with children and preferably high risk children and/or refugee/ vulnerable population
- Knowledge in Child Protection.
- Strong facilitation and organizational skills;
- Motivated-and ability to work in a team.
- Strong interpersonal skill.
- Excellent communication skills (including active listening);
- Good in written and spoken English and other local languages is an added advantage.
- Flexibility in working hours and willing to work in volatile environment.
- Willing to travel when for any training, meeting or workshop.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s and Cover Letters to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 8th August, 2018.