CCHD Recruitment for GBV Case Worker (Female), 29th January, 2019
The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GBV Case Worker (Female)
Location: Ngala, Borno
- The Case Worker will provide psychosocial support, basic case management support to survivors of gender-based violence through individual counseling follow up support, referrals and dissemination of information on available GBV services to encourage access to services.
- She will in collaboration with the GBV case management supervisor oversee provision of psychosocial /group support, skills building with local partner, information sessions and other recreational activities that promote social support networks and cohesion with women and girls at the women and girls centers/safe spaces.
- Language Skills: Fluent in Hausa, Kanuri and Shuwa languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Psychology/ Child’s Psychology, Counseling or any other related discipline
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software
- Other: Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/ Excellent knowledge of protection issues and best practices (Child Protection and GBV) / Previous experience in dealing with complex child protection cases is highly desirable.
- Work experience: Minimum 2 year experience in the field of child protection / protection/ SGBV/ social work / case management
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Other knowledge: Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations; Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards, good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection
The responsibilities of the Case Worker include but are not limited to the following
- GBV Case Management
- Provide direct support and care for adult and child survivors of gender-based violence, including counseling and basic case management. Case management services will include:
- Assessment of needs of clients
- Developing an action plan with clients
- Implementing the plan with clients
- Manage cases in line with the SOPs, adhere to standard documentation processes and follow best practice guidance
- Conduct direct and regular follow up of GBV survivors through home visits and based on survivors wishes and consent
- Case closure (if and when appropriate)
- Ensure proper documentation of reported GBV incidences through utilization of GBVIMS case intake, action, follow up and other case management forms appropriately.
- Follow GBV guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, and safety/security and non- discrimination while providing services to women and girls.
- Monitor how the GBV referral pathway is working through making direct follow ups with other organizations that are providing services to survivors.
- Psychosocial/Group Support/Safe Spaces
- Provide physical accompaniment to GBV survivors if requested to access medical and other services according to their wishes, choices and decisions
- Support to conduct and help plan and organize psychosocial/ group support activities with women and adolescent girls to meet the emotional needs of survivors, build support networks among women/girls, and promote social integration of survivors and other vulnerable women with the local partner.
- Work with women and girls in the community to identify their needs, interests and priorities as relevant to the context, adapt activities according to these to ensure activities offered are culturally appropriate and meet the needs of women and girls.
- Support CP/GBV technical adviser to conduct trainings to community-based volunteers on GBV basic concepts, guiding principles, provision of Psychosocial First Aid and the referral mechanisms and pathways for their respective communities.
- The job location depends on assignment and might change based on projects evolving needs.
- Promote, and ensure project activities are in line with child protection principles and humanitarian principles
- Ensure the project activities are well-integrated into the Northeastern Nigeria child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines
- Ensure CHAD INTL Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the programmatic activities
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the Child Protection Project Manager. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and updated CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please write ” GBV Case Worker” in the subject line of your mail.
- This position is for Female only
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted
Application Deadline 2nd February, 2019.