Waiter / Waitress Job at the Workplace Centre Limited
The Workplace Centre Limited – We are a World Class Skills Development and HR / ICT Consulting Services organisation that adds significant value to our clients and society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
Department / Unit: Operations / Restaurant & Bar
Reporting Relationship: Food & Beverage Supervisor
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND)
- Work Experience 3 – 5 years’ experience in similar position
- A high level of personal cleanliness and well presented.
- Able to talk to others politely and convey information effectively.
- Be a good listener by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Good memory and able to handle money.
- Punctuality and prepared to work weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Active, friendly, efficient and speedy.
- Able to work as part of a team and enjoy working with people.
- Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Ability to being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Performance Indicators / Measurement Criteria:
- Speed of response to orders and requests.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware and linens.
- Prepare tables for meals, including set up items such as linen, silverware and glassware.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for customers and chill bottle of wine.
- Greeting guests (with eye contact and smile) & escort guests to their tables.
- Present Menu and Wine list to the guests and answer questions about menu / wine items or making recommendations.
- Taking and serving food and drink orders.
- Serve food and drink efficiently & professionally.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate wine glasses & pour the wine for customers.
- Write customers food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Check with guests / customers to ensure they are enjoying their meals & taking actions to correct any problems.
- Remove dishes (gentlemen first!) and glasses from the table for cleaning.
- Inform customers of Daily Specials such as brewing coffee, salads, appetizer, and portioning desserts for the day.
- Ensure bills for services provided are corrected before being presented to guests.
- Inform management of any problems and / or suggestions raised by guests & members alike.
Deadline: Friday, 28th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume with “Inventory / Cost Controller” as subject of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org