MAVENTEQ SYSTEMS LIMITED – Our client, a multinational Oil and Gas company in Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE: Senior Mariner
Category: Quayside Mariner
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
• Coordinate and supervise the quay side operations (loading/offloading of deck cargo and bulk cargo, tank cleaning, etc) and guarantee the operations are performed safely and efficiently, and meet the required specifications.
• Attend the Quayside Operations Weekly Meeting.
• Reporting all operational delays due to INTELS as well as equipment unavailability.
• Work toward company core values that include safety, security, health and environment.
• Must see to it that all critical lifts as defined by LMS shall not be lifted until approved by SLS through Logistic Superintendent.
• Liaise with Port Captain and arrange for the effective berthing and repositioning of inbound vessels.
• Supervised the activities of the junior mariners/RLM/QAQC.
• Organized and arrange for tank cleaning/bunkering operations.
• As the head of operations at night, every emergency situation must be taken care of by him and transmit same to the hierarchy.
• During night operations, will give instructions to vessels in case of swapping and repositioning for discharge/loading.
• On resumption, will obtain program/work schedule from Logistics Superintendent and share to members of the group.
• Proactively ensure that the third party trucks/ personnel are compliant to Total’s safety rule.
• Responsible for the enforcement of working instructions and rules at the quayside.
• Has a delegated authority for bunkering, heavy lift permit opening. All safety measures are checked and operation not commence until proper assessment is done.
• To ensure compliance at all times with COMPANY Lifting Management System (LMS).
• To optimize the use of dedicated lifting equipment (cranes, forklifts, trucks, lift modules, etc)
• To minimize the use of spot lifting equipment (cranes, forklifts, trucks, lift module, etc)
• To minimize trucks demurrage.
• Previous years of experience in similar role.
DEADLINE: 10th August 2020
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com
Note that only candidates who meets the job requirements will be contacted