Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contracts Officer
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Contracts and Corporate Advisory Lead
- To provide efficient, professional, legal, contractual and company secretarial support to the company while identifying risks, reducing liabilities, preventing litigation, ensuring compliance with laws and reducing general legal costs
- LLB, BL Law with at least a 2nd class degree
- At least 5 years cognate experience in contract/corporate law and commercial law and has represented corporate bodies in civil and legal matters
- Experience leading in an organization with a proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel, contract negotiation and drafting
- Legal Advisory
- Legal Drafting
- Contract Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Provide legal advice and support to the Company on relevant industry laws and regulations.
- Draft and review contractual agreements
- Negotiate low risk transactions with supervision.
- Assisting the Team with legal transactions and commercial negotiations.
- Undertake basic company secretarial function when required.
- Conduct legal and industry research from time to time.
- Knowledge and experience in Gas and Power transactions would be an added advantage.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head Of Department
Deadline: 21st October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online