eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Purpose of the Position
- The Project Manager will coordinate the planning and implementation of daily operations of the projects in accordance with company and project specific standard operating procedures (SOPs), guidelines, budget, timeliness, and contracts. Other responsibilities include supporting communications activities, attending meetings, and establishing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders and partner agencies.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide necessary technical support to the project team in developing project technical documentation and implementing project activities in accordance with key deadlines;
- Lead on effective planning and reporting (quarterly and annual), based on suitable results-based monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Coordinate development of operational plans consistent with project needs, including but not limited to communication plans, procurement plans, staffing plans etc.
- Monitor program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes vis-a-vis contractual and grant commitments.
- Ensure effective management of project resources according to the project work plan and budget to achieve quality and timely results;
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reporting in line with the budget approved by the donor.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination between team members, stakeholders, donors, and government agencies etc;
- Provide sound analytical direction to the team to help identify opportunities and challenges within projects;
- Contribute knowledge and experience of relevant project management best practices and propose means of integrating these into project delivery;
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on project strategy.
- Work closely with the project team, business representatives, various interdepartmental teams and external vendor(s) and ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
- Participate in corporate strategic planning activities and apply project management theory to the organisation’s business opportunities/challenges.
- Foster a project work environment that promotes productivity, innovation, and fairness.
- Adhere to all eHA Policies and Procedures.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Management.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Project Management staff.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Undergraduate degree from college or university in Project Management or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to provide mentorship to team members and manage conflicts/resolve problems effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Strong financial management skills (budget development, management, reporting).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent presentation skills
- Minimum of five (5) years of working experience in Project and Program Management, including a minimum of three (3) years of different donor management experience preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement
- Advanced computer skills, including Google Office Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working within specialized software utilized in project management preferred e.g. Asana, Redbooth etc.
Certifications and Licenses:
- A project management certification will be an advantage
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients / partners
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online