H-CUE Catering, an indigenous and newly established hospitality company with experienced and qualified management staff, are determined to provide outstanding standards, cost effective services to clients across a diverse range of industries
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Truck Driver
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced Truck Driver who lives in Port Harcourt, to serve our supply chain/logistics department in a safe and timely manner.
- Reporting to HR/Admin Manager, the driver will be responsible for conveying materials to the desired destination. The driver is required to document all vehicle movement in the company logbook. To ensure that the vehicle is well maintained and ready for use at all times, and make sure all observations on vehicles are reported and documented.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from retail and distribution centers to our locations.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Follow planned routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel receipts.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents or violations.
- SSCE and other certificates
- Proven work experience as Truck Driver
- Driving experience of 5 to 6yrs and Defensive Driving Training Certificate.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and a know-how to drive buses and cars
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Recognized ability to work as part of a team
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- English language and ability to communicate is mandatory
- Ability to work under pressure.
- 100% Compliance with features of the Company Safety Plan.
- Observes proper operating procedures, noting unsafe practices.
- Work in safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and safety of materials.
- Attendance to toolbox meetings.
- Understand proper use of safety equipment required for his position
- Understand the emergency duties of his position
Deadline: 15th November, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, copy of driver’s license and other relevant documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.