Hamilton Lloyd & Associates – Our client, a top-rated organization in the Hospitality / Restaurant industry, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Location: Lagos Lagos,
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is seeking to engage the services of a Human Resource Manager to conduct human resource activities of the organization and to assist in maximizing the strategic use of human resources in areas such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, benefits, training programs and regulatory compliance.
- Support the Group CEO to deliver on the organizational strategy while developing and driving HR strategy of the firm.
- Plan, organize, direct and control or coordinate the human resources activities of the organization.
- Initiate and monitor the entire recruitment process, which consists of job posting, hiring, conducting recruitment exams (if any) and interviewing prospective candidates.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and induction process to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Management of annual leave roster, post probation confirmations, data base management, and health, safety and environment services at the branch.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Coordination of performance management for the entire staff within the organization over a monthly or yearly basis and provision of rewards for exceptional performances.
- Attend to employees grievances and complaints, provide guidance if necessary.
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Implement labour relations programs to oversee compliance with the union’s negotiated contract.
- Responsible for developing labour policies, overseeing the management of labour relations for a business unit, negotiating collective bargaining agreements, managing grievance procedures and advising teams to ensure compliance with the collective bargaining agreements.
- B.Sc in Human Resources, Social Science or any related field, CIPM or its equivalent will be of an added advantage.
- A Master’s Degree in related field is desirable.
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the human resource field.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Adequate knowledge of all the human resources policies, including benefits, salary compensation, employment, equal opportunity, payroll, and career planning.
- Have direct experience in an HR leader role or as a strong team leader who understands how to engage employees and build strong teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a creative thinker and excellent team player
- Must be a good initiator and possess good negotiation skills
- Must have excellent skills in management techniques, budgeting, counseling, business planning, and organization and systems design.
- Have a successful track record working in environmentswith union and non-union work forces and also have experience negotiating with labour unions.
Deadline: 17th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV as PDF or Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Human Resource Manager” as the subject of the email.
- Subject of the email must be title of the job as stated to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.