GZI is the first Alumunium beverage can manufacturing company in West Africa with state of the art factories in Aba, Agbara and South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Continuous Process Improvement & Recycling Specialist
- Drives Continuous Improvement within GZI to drive cost reduction, and improve quality and service
- Promotes a process improvement culture within GZI by initiating and implementing continuous improvement methodologies such as 6 Sigma, 5S, Lean, OEE, etc.; Trains employees in these methodologies as is required
- Liaises with the operations team to identify improvement opportunities by tracking downtime trends, spoilage data, and developing improvement plans based on the data gathered.
- Contributes to the production of high quality cans by enforcing and managing “right first time” systems across GZI.
- Collaborates with the Quality and HSE functions by applying the CI perspective to the implementation of Integrated Management System (IMS) and Certification for GZI plants.
- Monitors the payment transactions between GZI and vendors/clients.
- Coordinates the preparation of reports and updates for recycling operations.
- Identifies and explores opportunities for generating revenue for GZI from recycled aluminium scrap and UABC.
- Coordinates the preparation of process/continuous improvement reports and updates.
- Develops and implements GZI’s recycling strategy, plans and goals in order to minimise pollution and conform to regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates the recycling of aluminium scrap and Used Aluminium Beverage Cans (UABC).
- Focuses on inter-plant initiates and business opportunities to develop synergies and optimize GZI manufacturing plants (both in Agbara and Aba plants).
- Partners with HR to develop and implement appropriate process improvement trainings for GZI
- Collaborates with other departments to identify process failures and non-conformities, and develops action plans to solve or overcome them (using A3 analysis, RCA, brainstorming etc.)
- Identifies and ensures the wide spread communication of best practices relevant to GZI’s operations.
- Partners with the Quality Control and Assurance functions to conduct internal (5S) and external (DQS, SON, MAN, etc.) audits, obtain and sustain required certifications for GZI plants.
- Provides appropriate support to department managers in implementing continuous-improvement initiatives within their respective functions (e.g. 5S, A3 problem solving tools etc.).
- Minimum of a First Degree or HND in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience, 5 of which must be in a relevant role within the manufacturing industry
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Experience in a variety of manufacturing areas (production, logistics) within consumer products.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st March, 2021.