Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable FMCG firm is looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Technologist (Seasonings, Sauces, Spices, etc.)
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develops new products leveraging expertise in food chemistry, food ingredient functionality and experimental design
- Manages and oversees R&D technical functions such as sensory, shelf-life testing, legal label claims, product/packaging improvement
- Participates in production trials and works with new product start-ups- ensure products are made to spec.
- Works with production personnel on scale up of new products, suggests initial order quantities for ingredients and packaging, obtain cost of materials
- Provides support on technical and / or quality issues
- Act as a technical resource to support quality issues, answer questions about products, production capabilities, labeling regulations
- Manages and develops scientific approaches to business needs in areas of flavor and microbial shelf life
- Provides product costs based on commodities, ingredients, and product formulations
- Responsible for sourcing ingredients and leveraging vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Develop and maintain product specification, ingredient statements, allergen information and formulas for seasoning blends; then incorporate respective information into the label design process as needed
- Present new products to customers; often involves cooked preparation of multiple items or full meals
- General awareness of NAFDAC regulations, restricted / limited ingredients and approved processing procedures
- Optimizes cost / quality and process improvements contributing to increased product quality and profitability for the business
- Designs tests, interpret results and recommend next steps in product development
- Assists QA / QC in the analysis of product that generates customer complaints
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Food Science and Technology is a MUST.
- Minimum of 5 years Cognate Experience years as a Food Technologist in a Food Manufacturing Company (Seasonings, Sauces, Spices & Custom Blends, Breading & Batter, Marinades, Meat Solutions)
- Ability to work in accordance with safety and food safety policies.
- MUST reside in LAGOS
- Intermediate ability in Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.