Grand Pela Hotel and Suites, Abuja, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4Star hotel located at the residential area in Durumi, near American Int’l School, Abuja. The Hotel is 30 minutes’ drive to/from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laundry Attendant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for picking up and delivery of in house guest laundry.
- Responsible to collect and deliver outside guest laundry / dry cleaning.
- Responsible for delivering all guest items punctually, accurately and in a professional and courteous way.
- Collect laundry and dry cleaning bags from guest rooms and ensure that guest name, room number and laundry pieces are listed.
- Count and verify all items collected as perlaundry price lists / laundry sheetsigned by the guest and note down anydiscrepancyor damages on the same sheet.
- Check all items for damage or stains and take appropriate action to rectify these issues.
- Report immediately to the superiors in case any valuable items like cash, jewellery, creidt cards etc. found in guests cloth pockets.
- Responsible to processes the guests clothing on the correct equipment / machines using the appropriate chemicals and temperature.
- Once processed, neatlyfoldor hangs the clothing as requested by the guest on the laundry sheet.
- Sorts employee uniforms for appropriate action like washing, dry cleaning, pressing or send for repairing to the hotel’s tailor.
- Able to processes the staff uniforms on the correct equipment using the appropriate chemicals and temperature.
- Once processed, hangs and transports clean uniforms toHousekeeping.
- Shakes wet sheets, table linens and napkins prior to ironing in order to spread them out.
- Responsible to feed washed linens and napkins into ironer or folder or calender machine.
- Retrieves folded linens and stacks or hangs clean linens as appropriate.
- Sorts clean towels, rugs and robes.
- Uses towel folder and manual folding for bath towels, washcloths, rugs and robes.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of dryers and sort out washed laundry items
- Operates and maintains folding equipment, presser and iron.
- Operates and maintains washer, dryer, dry cleaning machine etc.
- Reports any technical problems or deficiencies to Laundry manager or maintenance team.
- Places folded product on appropriate rack.
- Reports any damage or deficiencies in the laundried items to the laundry manager.
- Assist in inventories and attend all departmental training as informed and scheduled by the manager.
- Assists with other responsibilities and duties in the absence of other team members or other tasks assigned by the manager.
- High School Certificate or equivalent preferred. Basis computer knowledge and working experience with laundry machines.
- Previous experience in a hotel laundry / linen department, with minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in large laundry operations of 5 Star or branded hotels.
- Basic tailoring experience or sewing skills.
- Taking Responsibility.
- Recognizing Differences and eye for detail.
- Understanding of Laundry machines and chemicals.
- Ability to work under pressure
Job Title: Pastry Chef
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
- We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goods.
- Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations.
- They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving.
- The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we can maintain and expand our clientele.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
Requirements / Skills
- Certificate in Culinary Arts, Pastry-making, Baking or relevant field
- 4-10 years work experience.
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.).
Job Title: Executive Sous Chef
- We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our ExecutiveChef’s specifications and guidelines.
- The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
Requirements / Skills
- BS Degree in Culinary Science or related certificate would be a plus
- Proven experience as a Sous Chef
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Executive
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
- Set up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services
- Create frequent reviews and reports with sales and financial data
- Ensure the availability of stock for sales and demonstrations
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions or conferences
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections
- Collaborate with team members to achieve better results
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams
- High school degree
- Proven experience as a Sales Executive or relevant role
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Fast learner and passion for sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Aptitude in delivering attractive presentations
Deadline: 7th May, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.