Lindii Peace Foundation (LPF) is A Nonprofit Non-Governmental National Organization Established in Nigeria In July 2014 with the purpose of Improving Lives of People Through Effective and Efficient Humanitarian Assistance Within Communities, and Providing Economic Opportunities as Well as Providing Emergency Aid during Natural Disasters, War, And Other Conflicts in Nigeria. In partnership with International and National Networking, LPF has Provided Humanitarian and Developmental Assistance to Individuals, Families, Schools and Community in More Than Three (3) States in Nigeria regardless of Their Ethnicity, Political and Religious Affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, With Frequent Travel to Pulka
Job Type: Fixed Term
- The Role Is to Provide Support to Program Manager in Ensuring That Documents for Payment of Vendors, Field Staffs, Volunteers, Program and Support Staff Monthly Allowance Are Collated Timely and in an efficient Manner, Processed in Line with Organization Policy and Donor Organization Standard of Operation. The Role Reports to Program Manager.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the creation of organizational forecast.
- Prepare a monthly bank reconciliation.
- Support developing monthly and yearly financial reports for submission to the Executive Director.
- Support the auditing of the organization account by an appointed external auditor on an annual basis.
- Support quarterly organizational internal audits for State Finance and Administration Operations.
- Develop and process organization payroll.
- Support development of organization and donor’s budget.
- Collect and collate all fund requests from state team
- Responsible for all bank deposits and withdrawals including transfers
- Maintain and issue receipts and cheque
- Make payment to vendors and meeting participants
- Responsible for safe keep of financial files and records
- Prepares bank reconciliation statement
- Provide technical support and supervision to the finance assistants.
- Support accounting financial management tools in line with organization priorities annually.
- Support in the preparation of the organization’s budget.
- Act on behalf of the team leader, finance and admin where and when necessary.
- Ensure prompt remittance of statutory deductions
- Update the project fixed assets registered regularly
- Prepare payment request and vouchers
- Prepare statutory financial reports as fall dues
- Supervise proper keeping of petty cash box and records
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonable level of skills and experience.
- Understanding of NGO principles and practices.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software systems
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skill
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications both in English and Hausa languages
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment knowledge or experience in any finance program, strong quantitative and qualitative
- Research skills are advantages.
Required Qualification and Skills
- Applicants Must Have A Minimum Qualification of University Degree / HND In Accounting, Banking and Finance or any related field of discipline
- Minimum of years professional experience.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values In Practice) :
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners.
- Open to diversity, approachable, good listener, and easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the LPF anti-harassment policy, Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Violence Against Children (VAC) Policy, Gender Based Violence (GBV) Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy as enshrined in LPF Code of Conduct.
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with LPF Health and Safety policies and procedures, and Environmental Policy.
- The Contract Duration Is 8 Months with possibility of extension.
Deadline: 30th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter as a single file to: HR@lindiipeacefoundation.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- For an Application to Be Valid, Responsive References / Referees Should Be Captured in Application with Full and Accessible Contact Information / details.
- Only Applicants Who Scale Through the Prerequisite Conditions Will Be Invited for Interview.