Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Production Geologist
- The Senior production geologist has the role of generating integrated predictive subsurface/geological models to address/resolve subsurface production challenges in addition to harnessing subsurface opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, or related fields.
- A minimum of 15 – 20 years experience in work experience in an active operating E&P company.
- Higher degrees will be added advantage.
- Registration as a Professional Geoscientist with APGO.
- Familiarity with CIM Best Practice Guidelines, National Instrument.
- Experience in block modeling and resource estimation practices is preferred.
- Exposure to database management, QA/QC, and geological modeling.
- Knowledge of Data mine resource modeling software and working knowledge of AutoCAD/Amine, Fusion, Leapfrog, and Deswik.
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
- Able to work independently, organize work, under pressure, and in a timely manner.
- Familiar with the fundamentals of all Petroleum Geology specialists’ areas (especially Seismic, Production and Reservoir Geology) and hands-on ability of geological applications and software including Petrel. Competence in a wide range of field, reservoir and uncertainties management, field development, and data management activities.
- Apply state of the art interpretation and evaluation technology in the delivery of integrated, predictive subsurface/geological models in line with the industry best practice. Working knowledge of seismic, production, and reservoir geological processes.
- Using Data mine, LEAPFROG, Deswik, and other modeling and geostatistical software (as required), complete regular geological and grade wireframes, block models, and resource estimates for specified projects.
- Audit and perform adequate quality control checks of the various, current drill holes and geological databases within the software programs being used.
- Make recommendations for additional diamond drilling or geological interpretation to ensure ore body resource estimates meet resource/reserve classifications.
- Alert the NAP Exploration and Technical Service Team of any problems identified in any of the spatial databases required in the completion of resource estimates and execution of Production Geology practices and services.
Deadline: 5th August, 2021 by 3:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after the closing date will be automatically rejected.