PG Consulting Limited is a recruitment, training and business consulting firm. We provide our clients – businesses and corporate organizations – across different industries with superior human capital, high-quality trainings and cutting-edge consulting to help them drive organizational growth, multiply staff productivity, gain appropriate market positioning and maximise profit.
Over the course of almost 20 years of our existence, we have serviced various organizations, many of which are strong indigenous brands operating with global standards. We are most inclined to building strong brands and supporting business growth across industries. Our preference is to work with our clients as partners on an on-going basis towards making their organizations internally effective and more profitable. As we grow into the future, the sustaining core of our operations is working with you, all the way, from People to Profit.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
Nature of Work: Full Time and Remote (Work from home)
Commencement: Immediate (or, within the shortest possible time)
- The Staff Accountant position is responsible for preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for bi-weekly payment, month-end close and handling daily treasury functions. Staff Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger, and preparing month-end close procedures.
- The ideal candidate will be a brilliant, well-spoken, computer savvy, highly exposed and result-oriented individual with a modern and informed world view and excellent thinking and relationship attributes.
- Prepare bi-weekly payment reports, payroll and all payroll tax return on timely basis.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices and W-9 verification for new vendors.
- Prepares monthly financial statements accurately and timely, using a computer software program.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested.
- Handles daily accounting mail, including notices and disbursements.
- Reconciles work orders, bank accounts and traces discrepancies.
- Research accounts payable and accounts receivable issues as needed.
- Assists in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Performs other accounting and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance with minimum of 2nd Class Upper.
- Minimum 4 years of corporate accounting experience required
- Familiarity of Microsoft Office, Gmail, Excel, and Word required.
- Database knowledge is a plus
- Provide a suitable workspace.
- Maintain high speed internet access.
- Must have a fast PC or Laptop.
- Maintain a generator/constant power supply.
Skills / Competencies:
- Highly meticulous, well organized, detail-oriented, and accurate.
- Ability to analyze processes and improve the efficiency of procedures.
- Strong team player who works well in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrated independence and self-motivation to solve problems and work productively.
- Adherence to concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self-control, and flexibility to get work done.
- Experience interpreting and evaluating data results, preparation of documentation.
- Has created financial reports and/or presentations.
- Has demonstrated attention to detail and good record-keeping skills.
- Prioritizes workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to maintain good rapport with vendors, consultants, and employees.
N200,000 monthly (Gross)
Deadline: 23rd September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV and Passport Photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.