United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Specialist, NOC
Job no: 547681
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
How can you make a difference?
- Under the guidance and general supervision of the Social Policy Manager, the Education Specialist supports development and preparation of the Education programmes and is responsible for designing, managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting the progress of education programmes / projects.
- The Education Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of results on education programmes / projects to improve learning outcomes and equitable and inclusive education, especially for children who are marginalized, disadvantaged and excluded in society and will among others, specifically support the Generation Unlimited team and focus on the school-to-school and community connectivity programme, with HIS, Airtel and MTN, the deployment of the Learning Passport and GIGA.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Support to programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- An Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields Education, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and / or research in education at the international level.
- Experience working in adolescent / youth development and / or digital learning are considered assets
- Experience working in a developing country is considered an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset.
- Familiarity / background with emergencies is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA), and
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (3)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (3)
- Works Collaboratively with others (3)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (3)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (3)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (3)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (3)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (3)
Deadline: 26th January, 2022 (West Central Africa Standard Time).
How to Apply
Interesred and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- “UNICEF only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.