Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 20th 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR and Admin Officer
Locations: Mafa LGAs – Borno, Tarmuwa & Fune LGAs – Yobe
Number of Openings: 3
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- The HR Officer is responsible for the employee life cycle management of staff in the Nigeria office.
- The HR Officer will work in close collaboration with the global HR team ensuring compliance with local and global HR policies and the deployment of global HR initiatives and assist in day-to-day office operations
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhering to all AHSF policies in force, promoting their applications and ensuring compliance with local labour law as well as with AHSF HR internal processes
- Acting as the primary point of contact for HR matters and handle HR related queries from staff to resolution or escalation as necessary
- Responsibility for all HR and Admin related communications to the office, under the supervision of the Head of Operations
- Working closely with the global HR team to keep track of new positions, contributing actively in planning the recruitment cycle of such new requirements and implementing them
- Liaising with the global HR team to ensure offer letters and contracts are prepared and issued in a timely manner
- Responsibility for planning and ensuring systematic induction for all new staff ensuring that induction plans are signed off and filed in the staff personal file
- Monitoring probation periods and reviews and ensure outcomes are communicated formally.
- Helping to draft employment letter and contract addendum under global HR team guidance and supervision
- Responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of all aspects of the country HR Administration local processes
- Tracking attendance, leave, eligibility and balances of all staff ensuring records are kept updated as per organisational requirements
- Working with the Head of Operations and global HR team members to support projects within the organisation e.g., the Staff Engagement Survey / development of the HR system, etc
- The HR and Admin Officer will be based in Borno (Mafa LGAs)and Yobe (Tarmuwa & Fune LGAs) States.
- Have a sound understanding of Nigerian labour law and be able to confidently apply HR management practices for the benefit of staff and management.
- Must be confident and fully conversant in business English, both written and verbal, and it would be advantageous if for you to be proficient in local languages
- In addition to the above, you should be educated to Bachelor’s Degree level in Human Resources, Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Business Administration and/or experienced in a relevant field to an equivalent level, and have a professional HR certification such as CIPM, CIPO or its equivalent.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to Action the ’s mission, values, and policies.
Application Closing Date
10th January 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.