The National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) was established in 1992 by the Federal Government after the recommendations of the White Paper Committee on the 1991 Report of a 150 member National Committee on Engineering Infrastructure comprising Scientists, Engineers, Administrators, Federal and State Civil Servants, Economists, Lawyers, Bankers and Industrialists.
The mandate of NASENI is specifically in the area of Capital goods, research, production and reverse engineering. NASENI, by its mandate and scope of operation is the Nigerian only purpose built Agency designed to conduct developmental work in the areas of manufacturing and as such, it is capable of coordinating the proliferation of technologies developed either within or outside of its Centers including patents obtained. Technologies developed in the areas of spares, components and systems engineering are to be transferred to Entrepreneurs for the production of goods and services.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below for NASENI’s Research and Development (R&D) Institute:
Job Title: Managing Director, Power Equipment and Electrical Machinery Development Institute (PEEMADI) – CONRAISS 15
Location: Okene, Kogi
Institute: Power Equipment and Machinery Equipment Development Institute (PEEMADI)
Tenure: 4 Years Renewable
Mandate of The Institute
Power Equipment and Machinery Equipment Development Institute (PEEMADI), Okene, is a relatively new Institute under NASENI. It was established to develop capacity and capability to guarantee research, manufacturing and sustenance of electrical machineries and power equipment and to transfer such capacity to local SMEs for the development and growth of a viable power industry in Nigeria.
The vision of the Institute is to become a centre of excellence dedicated to local development of capacity/capability to support power generation, transmission, distribution, and management. Its mission is to develop an environment for nurturing creativity and innovation that will generate new ideas for design, maintenance and manufacturing of power equipment that will ensure the growth of the power sector, which in turn, will support and galvanize the country’s industrialization.
- The Managing Director will be responsible for all operations of the Institute.
- He reports directly to the Executive Vice Chairman, National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure who is the Chief Executive of the Agency.
- He is accountable for the day-to-day running of the Institute; he manages the resources of the Institute for the purpose of meeting product and profit targets.
- He prepares proposals for short, medium, and long-term plans, as well as the recurrent budgets of the Institute.
- Candidate must possess relevant University Degrees, or their equivalents, up to Ph.D in Electrical Power and Machines Engineering
- COREN registration and membership of relevant professional bodies are mandatory, while quality scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals are added advantage.
- At least 15 years post graduation experience in the field of electrical power and/or electrical machines engineering, project and process development. Academic and industrial experience are prerequisites.
- In addition, very reasonable knowledge of production management and control will be required together with maintenance management experience.
- Candidate must have demonstrable leadership qualities and show interest in continuous research and development, training and retraining of staff, especially in the new and emerging areas of science and technology including CNC and CAD/CAM.
- The job will also require the capability to liaise with the private sector and other research and technology based organizations, locally and internationally.
- Candidates must possess relevant Ph.D. Degrees appropriate to the mandate of the institutes.
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification (post first degree) experience in technical fields, and requisite experience at management level is a mandatory requirement.
- Candidates must possess knowledge in the new and emerging areas of science and technology, including CNC and CAD/CAM.
- Candidates must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Candidates must demonstrate capacity for Research and Development (R&D).
- Candidate should possess the ability to develop/implement prospective vision for the institute, establish strategic goals, liaise with the private sector and other local and international research and technology-based organizations.
- Senior executives in the Engineering/Science Infrastructure operation of NASENI, who meet the conditions herein are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates without factory/industrial experience need not apply.
- Candidates must not be more than fifty-five (55) years of age by October 2022.
- Ownership of productive patents would be an advantage.
Deadline: 9th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their Applications with Fifteen (15) copies of their up-to-date CV. This include among others:
- Educational / Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Relevant Job Experience
- Present Salary and Emolument
- Confidential Report from three Referees addressed directly to “The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive.
- Contact address with Telephone Numbers and Email Addresses.
All Applications should be sent in one envelope with the name of the Institute marked at the Top Left Hand Corner and addressed to:
The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive,
National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI),
Idu Industrial Area,
PMB 391, Garki,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.