The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stores Attendant
Ref No: STS2022-008
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: STS – National (6-months renewable contract)
- Follow standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store’s area of operation.
- Assist in monitoring and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based on par levels or needs.
- Assist in maintaining clear and organize records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Assist in monitoring PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Assist in storing of both food & beverage and operational stock.
- Responsible for the day-to-day upkeep on the storage facilities and hygiene.
- Assist and verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
- Ensure all store requisitions are signed by concerned Department Heads (HOD’s) before issuing.
- Assist in conducting physical stock takes on a regular basis and the physical count and ensure counts tallied with the inventory count from Ezee-Burp.
- Assist in identifying about to expire/obsolescence items.
- Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating to food and beverage items
- Notify the store manager/supervisor of any low stock level
- Adhere to the method of First in First out.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Back of House Manager or supervisors.
- National Diploma in related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to work with minimal supervision, trustworthy and commitment to work during weekends and holiday when needed.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 29th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please.