Rayhaan Bustan & Agro Allied Limited is a world-class Agro-based company with ties and investments in various emerging markets for innovative and sustainable rice production and processing across several developing countries and around the world at large. Our facilities are known to cover the full range of rice and paddy handling – from pre-cleaning, paddy storage, dryers, hullers, polishers, rice whiteners, optical sorters to bagging, to produce best quality products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Paddy Inventory Supervisor
Location: Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently seeking for Paddy Inventory Supervisor for grading, inspecting, and analyzing incoming paddy and milled rice shipments for quality standards. Manage inventory in tanks by recoding inventory information, maintaining paddy tanks, drags, elevators and areas around pits.
- Obtain probe sample from each delivery truck and check for various product quality characteristics including insects;
- Take inventory of paddy tanks and report whether the tank is empty or full;
- Manage inventory in tanks by providing inventory information to millers; label tanks daily with product variety; write tank information on board in the mill;
- Write reports on samples collected and document accordingly;
- Direct trucks to the appropriate mill for unloading;
- Obtain load white tag and verify variety, warehouse, and tank number;
- Distinguish paddy rice classes identify quality standards such as damage, stained, etc.
- Oversee the cleaning of paddy tanks, drags, elevators and cement area around pit;
- Regularly check gates at top of tanks to ensure opening/closing mechanisms are operating correctly;
- Ensure that the equipment and work area are always clean and tidy;
- Operate paddy sample dryer to obtain paddy moisture content regularly;
- Communicate with miller to determine tank in use;
- Use vacuum probe for the sampling of silos, warehouse and outside storage areas as needed.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND)
- 4 – 5 years’ relevant experience of rice paddy inventory.
- Preferred candidate should have experience working in a manufacturing or rice processing plant.
- Ability to speak the Hausa Language is an added advantage.
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail;
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities;
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
Deadline: 31st July, 2022.