Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Banking Officer
Job ID: 2300002384
Employee Status: Permanent
Job: Retail Banking
- The Digital Banking Officer is responsible for managing the BAU activities of USSD and SMS Banking services (transaction alerts and OTPs) provided by the Digital banking team. The role will also support the implementation and development of more services on the USSD channel, oversee User Acceptance & Verification Test (UATs & UVTs), carryout channel analytics and manage the revenue line of the business.
- In addition, BAU activities of ensuring optimal channel uptime and utilisation, by engagement and management of all critical stakeholders, including but not limited to ADC development and support teams, SMS Aggregators, Telcos, Vendors, Technology team etc.
- As may be required, provide support on the management of other digital banking channels – SC Mobile, Online Banking, Website, ATM to achieve the targeted objectives of the Digital Banking team.
- Recommend areas of business process improvement and efficient USSD and SMS Banking system.
- Design and implement strategies to drive revenue on USSD channel
- Research local and global trends to improve service offerings to customers
- Monitor competition and keep abreast of the channel offerings/service developments
- Support the implementation of new enhancements, projects and change requests related to USSD and SMS Banking services.
- Monitor daily operations of USSD and SMS Banking channels, and identify improvement areas for reengineering, to ensure delivery of efficient and high-quality service to customers.
- Ensure timely and accurate MIS and dashboard reporting to drive USSD Banking adoption.
- Active involvement with the Product team, Segment team, Servicing and Transacting team, Cash Management Operations team and Branch network for effective channels synergy.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the SMS aggregators and vendors to enable improved service levels and deliverables.
- Liaise with the Branches, Call Centre and Client Experience teams for seamless registration and support on USSD and SMS Banking channels
- Business lead on generating new lines of revenue, value added services and CVPs on the channel
- Handle all administrative requisitions and documentations related to USSD and SMS Banking. e.g. raising RMS, e-procurements etc.
- Manage USSD and SMS Channels process notes, with configuration management to ensure easy retrieval and safe keeping
- Work closely with the country ITO, Supply Chain Management, Legal and Finance teams on service level management
- Initiate Change Request (CR) and other requests on proprietary to USSD & ADC platforms
- Manage local aggregators / service providers to ensure SLA adherence
People and Talent:
- Lead through example and maintain the appropriate culture and values.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development to frontlines and ensure that users of the USSD banking channel are suitably skilled in platform handling.
- Support the Manager, Digital Banking in identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Continuously improve risk processes to improve cost efficiency to maintain optimal balance between risk and cost of control
- Limit and reduce risk exposures through wide use of controls on digital channels
- Closely work with Compliance, regulators and other stakeholders to maximise our strategic and operational flexibility and efficiency, within the boundaries of our legal and regulatory environment.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
(This is mandatory standard wording, please tailor wording in brackets, do not remove).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the digital team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Branches (Digital Banking Ambassadors, frontlines, BOSMs and BMs)
- Country ITO (Technology Support)
- Learning Academy
- CPBB Product team (Deposits, Cards, Payments, Personal Loans, etc)
- Servicing and Transacting
- Country Supply Chain Management
- Group and Regional Digital support team (Online PSS, ADCPSS and STS team)
- Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing
- Vendors and Partner Institutions with digital banking related deliveries
- Fraud Risk Management
- Contact Centre and Client Experience
- Business Risk Management
- Operational Risk
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Digital banking
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A graduate qualification with completion of mandatory NYSC
- Core competencies: Sound Knowledge of digital banking, USSD Banking Business, Analytics, Value Added Services, SMS Aggregation, E-Commerce and digital payments
Deadline: 17th February, 2023, 12:59:00 AM
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online