TECO is a leading supplier of engineering systems to many industries in Nigeria, providing solutions for its customer’s business success. The business started in March 1980 and has remained focused on its core activities of offering technical and engineering solutions for the development of industries in Nigeria. We have nearly 40 years of experience building long-lasting Palm Oil Mills/Processing plants of different sizes ranging from 1.5T/PH to 30T/PH, all over the nation. In the Oil & Gas industry, TECO is a trusted name for quality, professionalism and integrity in the delivery, installation, commissioning and maintenance of Low, Medium and High Voltage Switch Gears, Motor Control Centers, Ring Main Units and Circuit Breakers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Location: Owo, Ondo
Employment Type: Full-time
Department / Section: Workshop / Workshop Control / Reception
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a workshop in an efficient and effective manner.
- To oversee a team of technicians, mechanics, or skilled workers, coordinate workflow, maintain equipment, and ensure that all work meets safety and quality standards.
Supervision and Team Leadership:
- Supervise and lead a team of workshop technicians, mechanics and skilled workers.
- Provide guidance, training, and performance feedback to team members.
- Foster a positive and productive work environment.
Workflow Planning and Execution:
- Plan and schedule daily work assignments to optimize productivity.
- Allocate tasks and resources to implement servicing and repairs in a timely manner.
- Coordinate job assignments based on workers’ skills and workload, maintain accurate records of manhours and material allocation and verify jobs upon completion.
- Ensure that all work performed in the workshop meets established quality standards. Conduct inspections and quality checks on completed jobs.
- Enforce and uphold safety protocols and practices within the workshop.
- Maintain a safe working environment. Investigate and report safety incidents or accidents.
Equipment and Inventory Management:
- Oversee the allocation, maintenance and repair of workshop equipment, tools, and machinery.
- Manage workshop inventory, including spare parts, materials, and supplies and liaise with procurement department on stock levels, orders and quality assessments.
- Assist workshop management with technical components of parts inventory.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of workshop activities, including work orders, job cards, and inventory records.
- Prepare reports on workshop performance, including productivity, quality.
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in any relevant field, Certification from professional Institute or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in workshop supervision or technical procurement and warehousing.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of workshop equipment and processes as well as mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles.
- Proficiency in using workshop management software and auto-truck diagnostic systems, methods and tools.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and compliance requirements.
- Leadership and supervisory experience with the ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.