Job for Head, Technical Operations in a Leading Power Company
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates Our client is a leading Power Company. Due to internal expansion, they are looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Technical Operations
- The Head Technical Operations will provide leadership and management expertise for the planning, coordination and delivery of efficient and costeffective power distribution services for the achievement of the company’s corporate objective.
- To also ensure new projects are technically and economically feasible and environmentally consistent with Company’s strategy.
Requirements, Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 20 years of broadbased experience, 5 of which must be at top management position in the Technical Department in a reputable organization in the power sector.
- Manage the technical network operations/ distribution function, providing leadership, encouraging teamwork and facilitating the amalgamation process in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in the cost effective distribution of power
- Formulate strategies for Operations & Maintenance to ensure that objectives of reliability and continuity of electricity distribution supply are met
- Develop maintenance programs, for operation and maintenance in respect of company’s power distribution network
- Prepare the annual business plans, operating and capital expenditure budgets, ensuring that adequate funding provision is made for all activities.
- Monitor expenditure against approved levels on a regular basis and investigates and justifies significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control
- Formulate the development of policies, procedures and standards to direct and control the technical field operations effectively
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in strict compliance with approved technical system operation procedures in order to protect company’s personnel, assets and corporate reputation
- Obtain information on regional and international trends and developments in the power distribution sector in order to identify those that can be recommended for effective adaptation and deployment in the company
- Ensure that training and development needs of staff are identified and satisfied. Counsel staff on both work related and personal issues and discipline staff as and when necessary.
- Take responsibility for compliance with all Quality Management System /Occupational Health & Safety related activities in the department as documented in the departmental operations manual, risk assessment register and other relevant documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the COO or designate.
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- High & Low Tension Operation & Maintenance Management
- Equipment Testing & Commissioning Management
- Safety and Health Compliance
- Operations & Maintenance Management
- Substation Planning, Maintenance and Operation Implementation
- System Support Load Management
- Strong in projects, works, operations, maintenance, equipment management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving, Decision Making and forward thinking
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Additional Personality Attributes:
- Analytical Thinking, Drive & Resilience, Persistence
- High level of gravitas and maturity, Energetic, Tenacious and Rugged Change agent
- Adaptability & Flexibility, Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong Business Acumen, Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to top management, customers, and employees
Deadline: 21st September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s to: email@example.com with the title of the role as the subject of the mail.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.